Saturday, September 6, 2008

Macys One Day Sale...Ugh.

Welcome to the first of many blogs which will have, hopefully, a nice balance of rants and raves. First some rants: My least favorite type of sale which we offer is the One Day Sale. Talk about challenging. Today I felt like a piece of taffy, I was being pulled in several directions. This is not a good thing and can be very frustrating. Now as some know I am apart of the Gift Registry Department and I love it! I really do. However when I am trying to provide that "outstanding service" that Macys is supposed to be known for, it gets to be a challenge. So I had 3 couples come in wanting to work on their registries and between tryng to help them and getting pulled to ring people up at the cash registers, well it was trying my nerves. It's one of those situations where you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. My regional will be coming down in a few days and I am gonna have a talk with her about this and with my current manager and see what can be done. I and the rest of the gift registry staff pride ourselves on making sure our brides and grooms know we are there for them and when we are being pulled in several directions, it is a disservice to them.

Raves: Most of my co workers really showed team spirit with this one day sale. We kept things moving as quickly as possible. Ya'll rock!

More rants: It takes just a few bad apples to makes things tough. You find them in every workplace. Those few individuals that just have to be difficult or unpleasant and being part of a team, they could care less. This person isn't nice. This person come in with a big chip on their shoulder, practically runs down every customer, not giving the other sales associates a chance to help them, then tries to wait on more than one customer at a time, then if you try and help them out this person barks at you. Today this passociate even barked at a customer because his phone rang. Management has been made aware of this problem person and yet nothng has been done. Perhaps if the Department(s) banded together and came to the manager maybe something would be done.

We will see.

No comments: